Primarily representing First Nation Governments, Tribal Councils and related
Aboriginal Organizations, Michael is well positioned to handle a wide
variety of First Nation matters including:
- Routine legal services to Chief and Councils and Band Administrators
- Pursuing legal remedies in Federal and Provincial Court
- Filing Comprehensive or Specific Land Claims
- Protecting asserted Aboriginal and Treaty Rights by upholding the Crown's Duty to Consult and Accommodate First Nation rights and interests
- Negotiating settlements with industry as well as the Federal or Provincial Crown.
Such negotiations can include representing or providing advisory services to First Nation Governments on
Bilateral and Trilateral Negotiation Tables with the Federal and Provincial Governments.
Finally, I have a keen ability to analyze complex situations and develop strategic recommendations that are both efficient
and effective, in order to lead the file towards the desired outcome.